You Could Be Eligible For Assistance On Your Local Phone Service
Since 1985, Lifeline has helped millions of Americans connect to what’s important – family, work, doctors, and emergency services – by making telephone service more affordable for qualified families.
Lifeline is a federal program that provides a monthly discount (depending on age) on telephone service to qualified households.
- $11.25 discount for low income families
- $12.35 discount for senior citizens
You may qualify for Lifeline if your total household income is at or below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines; or if you, your dependent or your household receives one of the following:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch free lunch program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Lifeline is available on one telephone line per household. If you or someone in your household
has Lifeline on a wireless phone, then you cannot get it on your home phone too. You may not
transfer your Lifeline discount to another person, even if he or she qualifies for Lifeline.
If you believe you qualify for Lifeline, stop by our office and fill out an application form or click here and mail the form to Lifeline Administration Service PO Box 11037, Lansing, Michigan 48901 or fax to 517-482-3548. Please note that you must enroll in Lifeline service and you must provide proof of eligibility before receiving support. Additional information can be found here: http://telecommich.org/lifeline/.
You have the option of blocking outgoing long distance toll calls free of charge.
If you elect this option, you will not be charged a service deposit to initiate Lifeline service.
Download Application Here (Right Click on the link and use Save As to download to your computer)
Please click on the application link above to see the current list of eligibility guidelines, including a table of eligible income amounts.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please contact:
- Lifeline Administration Services
- P.O. Box 11037
- Lansing, MI 48901
- Toll Free (866) 321-2323 or visit www.lifeline.gov